Best Quality Cars Warranty & Breakdown Policy Terms & Conditions If you experience any problems with your vehicle, you must notify the dealer or RAC Warranty before taking any decisions in getting the vehicle repaired! Policy:
- 1. The policy will be registered by RAC Warranty within 3 days of the online policy purchase.
- 2. The vehicle must be roadworthy and have a valid MOT at inception.
- 3. RAC Warranty will not be respoRsible for any incorrect information provided by the dealer or customer about the nature or value of this policy.
- 4. This agreement will terminate without refund in cases of fraud or dishonesty. Requesting a repair and Claims.
- 5. If faults arise on your vehicle, then do not attempt to drive further as this may cause extensive damage to other components. Please contact the dealer and RAC Warranty First at the earliest opportunity for guidance. Please refer to the claims process section and follow the guidelines. Claims which do not follow the guidelines will be invalidated.
- 6. Any works authorised by you or commenced or completed by your repairing garage without first being authorised by RAC Warranty or Dealer in writing will be invalidated and no consideration will be given.
- 7. Authorised works not commenced by the repairing garage within 10 days of the authorisation date will result in the claim being invalidated. Authorised repairs.
- 8. Your warranty policy will cover the costs for all agreed authorised claims including parts, labour and VAT.
- 9. Depending on your cover level, agreed labour time for repairs will be subject to recognised industry standards times for repair.
- 10. Your warranty is subject to an excess as stated within your level of cover which will be deducted from the authorised claim. Any discrepancies and shortfalls need to be paid to the repairer in full by you. We will not be liable for shortfalls.
- 11. Authorisations will only be granted once written confirmation has been received by us the dealer or RAC Warranty, that any shortfall will be paid by you.
- 12. Claims will be invalidated if the completed diagnostic form is not received by RAC Warranty within stated working days of the claim being reported and before the policy expires.
- 13. We the dealer or RAC warranty will only authorise for work to be carried out at a VAT registered repairing garage.
- 14. RAC Warranty will only pay up to the maximum claims limit as scheduled in your policy.
- 15. Your warranty policy plan will expire once claims reach the Glass's guide market value of your vehicle or the purchase price, whichever is lower.
- 16. We the dealer or warranty company will not pay more than once for the same repair.
- 17. The cost of investigating and diagnostic work is the policy holder's liability.
- 18. In all cases, we the dealer reserve the right to request photographic evidence and to appoint an independent assessor to examine any fault, breakdown, quotation or repair undertaken at any time, the result of which is binding by all partics.
- 19. We the dealer may require you to provide documentation in order to assist us in validating a repair claim. These documents may include: your vehicle V5 log book, purchase receipts, current and previous MOT certificates, current and previous service history documents, VAT service and VAT repair receipts, any repairer's parts receipts and details of previous repairs that may have been made.
- 20. We the dealer reserve the right to decline your repair claim should we not be satisfied that you have provided the correct and necessary documentation within 5 working days of being notified of a claim.
- 21. Any faults reported in one diagnosis will equate to one claim; no matter how many parts have failed or whether they are related parts.
- 22. If at any time during the period of your policy, we use our discretion to authorise a repair on a goodwill basis which would otherwise have been excluded then this docs not set any precedent and does not mean we will necessarily authorise any similar repair in the future.
- 23. When a manufacturer offers a goodwill gesture for a repair, we the dealer will not contribute.
- 24. Any part covered by your manufacturer's warranty will not be covered by this warranty policy and your manufacturer's warranty supersedes these items.
- 25. Labour will only be paid for as part of a valid claim when a covered component is required.
- 26. The garage that submits the final diagnosis must be the garage that carries out the repair. Exclusions
- 27. Your warranty policy does not cover exhaust emissions or MOT failures.
- 28. Your breakdown cover excludes any damage caused by a road traffic accident or collision or any road hazard whether or not insured under any motor insurance or accidental damage policy. This also excludes the bodily injury or death, or any other damage howsoever caused.
- 29. This breakdown cover does not cover inherent faults of any description. Inherent faults are those that existed at the time of purchase.
- 30. This agreement does not cover service components or maintenance items of any kind (those items that would normally be maintained under the vehicles standard servicing schedule such as: brake pads, brake discs, timing belts, filters and oil changes). Air conditioning re-gassing is also not covered.
- 31. Corrosion.
- 32. Seized parts.
- 33. Faults diagnosed by health checks
- 34. Misdiagnosis
- 35. Freezing
- 36. Foreign matter getting into or onto a part
- 37. Oil contamination
- 38. Swarf
- 39. Carbon build up
- 40. Manufacturer recall
- 41. Failure to maintain the vehicle in a roadworthy condition including maintenance of proper levels of oil and coolant.
- 42. Failing to service the vehicle as part of the manufacturer's service schedule.
- 43. The effects of over-heating, whether caused by an included part or not.
- 44. Use of incorrect grade/use of fuel or oil or from the use of inadequate or improper anti-frecze protection.
- 45. Natural deterioration of parts due to age and/or mileage, condition and usage.
- 46. Negligence or wilful damage (including continuing to drive the vehicle when it is not mechanically/electrically sound).
- 47. Subjccting the vehicle to a load greater than that permitted by law or the manufacturers recommendations.
- 48. Fire, self-ignition, lightning, earthquake, explosion, flood, storm, tempest, frost, water damage, theft or attempted theft, aircraft or other aerial devices or articles dropped therefrom or any extreme causes.
- 49. No liability will be accepted for the damage caused by: poor repairs carried out before the commencement of this breakdown warranty plan, or faulty workmanship of any description.
- 50. The gradual loss of engine compression necessitating the repair of valves or rings.
- 51. Gradual increase in oil consumption due to normal operating functions.
- 52. The replacement of parts for good engineering practice.
- 53. We will not authorise any claims which are a result of routine servicing, health and maintenance checks, and/or advisories.
- 54. We do not pay for diagnostic or stripping down charges.
- 55. This breakdown warranty plan only covers the original manufacturer's specification. Modifications outside the original factory specifications and designs are not covered. Selling your vehicle
- 56. If the ownership of the vehicle changes without formal policy transfer the policy will be void.
- 57. If you sell the vehicle to a dealer or trader, this agreement will automatically terminate without a refund. General Conditions
- 58. This breakdown warranty plan will only cover the breakdown of mechanical and electrical faults and is not deemed as an insurance policy for road risk.
- 59. No liability will be met unless authorised by and agreed to in writing by RAC Warranty or Dealer.
- 60. We accept no liability for loss of use, inconvenience, lost time, commercial losses or any other incidental or consequential losses.
- 61. The vehicle must have a valid MOT throughout the duration of the policy; without this the policy will be void.
- 62. We will not be liable for loss of fuel, earnings from work, penalty and storage charges, parking tickets, keys, theft from your vehicle, clamps, toll charges, broken glass, traffic congestion charges, running out of fuel or incorrect fuel, keys locked in vehicle, damaged key fobs, vehicles immersed or immobilised, vehicle that require work at a specialist repairer, hotels, rail fare, flights, or ferry costs, calling costs, vehicles which are not serviced in line with the manufacturers service schedule, labour charges in excess of recognised industry repair times manual, and any claims arising within 10 days from the date of inception.
- 63. No part of this agreement may be altered without the written consent of RAC Warranty.
- 64. Legal Jurisdiction - In the event of any dispute between the parties relating to this agreement or any claim, it is mutually agreed that before embarking on litigation proceedings, the parties will attempt to resolve it through negotiations or effective dispute resolution by the appointment of a mcdiator/arbitrator.
- 65. To qualify for the payment of an authorised repair the invoice must be received by us within the agreed authorised date.
- 66. RAC Warranty and Dealer will accept no responsibility or liability for any agrcement made between the consumer/dealer/representative at the time of purchase, which go against any of these terms and conditions, unless authorised by RAC Warranty head office in writing. Maintenance Provisions
- 67. You are responsible for ensuring that your vehicle is maintained in accordance with the manufacturers recommendations and must be within a maximum of 1,000 miles or 30 days (whichever is sooner) of the service schedule to have the service completed. If you exceed this, the agreement will come to an end and no refund will be given. All service repairs must be undertaken by a VAT registered service provider or repairer. All invoices of any services and repairs must bc retained.
Once you have read the dealer and warranty terms and conditions, please sign the below to:
Dealer Salesperson Name:
Dealer Salesperson Signature:
Best Quality Cars Limited Unit S20, Kingston Business Park, Kingston Bagpuize, Oxfordshire, OX13 5AS,
T: 01865 604114
DEPOSIT TERMS & CONDITIONS
All deposits are taken on the basis that you are buying our vehicle to which we will stop advertising ( losing any other interest in that vehicle ), it will be sent off for inspections, servicing, MOT & repairs if needed, this process costs us money and time so if for any reason you cancel the purchase of the vehicle your deposit is non refundable under our terms & conditions.
If for any reason we cant not deliver the purchased vehicle we will refund the deposit in full.
IF YOUR VEHICLE FAILS FOR ANY REASON AND YOU DO NOT NOTIFY US & GOING AHEAD WITH REPAIRS WITHOUT OUR CONSTENT, WE WILL NOT PAY ANY MONIES YOU HAVE INCURRED FOR THE REPAIRS.